Wednesday, June 8, 2016

The votes are in...

Well the votes are in. I am a pretty lazy blogger. I don't even think I can call myself a blogger. My blogging life is well - blogless.... ugh! The 2015-2016 school year was my oldest son's Senior year in high school - how was that possible??? And my baby boy's first year in Junior High!! Again, how??

I have a HUGE stack of books that I have wanted to read, but between Boy Scouts, Civil Air Patrol, Community Theatre and cooking classes (and that is just the kids!) I have had no time to read! So now my summer reading stack is out of control!

Patting myself on the back, I have finished reading 3 books in the last 4 days and all of them were so good!

I know that I am still in last years titles, but Crenshaw was such a enjoyable read. As a teacher, there are probably students that are in a similar, if not the same, situation as the main character, Jackson, and his little sister Robin. Their parents were former music teachers that lost their jobs and were trying their best to raise two children. Not always succeeding at it. There was the time that the family had to live in the mini-van wondering if there was enough money for the next meal.

Crenshaw, a very large cat, became a friend to Jackson, showing up when Jackson was losing hope. Crenshaw is a heartwarming story about a boy and his on and off relationship with his imaginary friend. I believe this is a story to which many children can relate, even if they do not have an imaginary friend of their own.




Crenshaw, by Katherine Applegate




No comments:

Post a Comment